Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Night Fever

Dear Internets,

As (I think) I've mentioned before, I've been teaching/tutoring a class of high school boys for the past few weekends. I think the most frustrating thing about them is that just when I've gotten to the point that I'm ready to commit murder if it would get them to behave, out of nowhere they'll start acting like perfectly reasonable individuals. I'll start to question my judgment, like maybe I was imagining the bad behavior in the first place. Then something will set them off and we're back to square one. I could swear they're practicing for future relationships.

Aside from the frustrations of trying to figure out how to get adolescent boys to just sit still already (and an ear infection), the past few days have been pretty awesome. I was in such a good mood after finishing my C# training yesterday that I decided to make like a 1950's housewife and cook a pot roast for dinner (with a little bit of help from Achilles - raw meat kind of grosses me out). I made apple crisp for dessert. Both turned out pretty well, which made me happy.

[I hope staying in on a Friday night doesn't make me sound pathetic; even in my "WOOO!! Party!" days, I never really liked to go out on Friday nights (I need my transitions) so my new habit of cooking and catching up on my DVR-ed television programs suits me well.]

I'm in training for job #2 for the rest of the day today, and then tonight (if my ear infection isn't getting any worse) Achilles and I are headed to a 1970's party. Here's a picture we took in my friend's kitchen last year before we headed to the party:



Hopefully Achilles doesn't kill me for putting his picture on the Internets. Have a great weekend!

Love,
Jane

2 comments:

tal said...

i'm glad its not just nyc teenage boys who seem to have split personalities!! cute pic!!

Dan said...

I know that guy!!!