Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bingo was his name-o

Dear Internets,

Ooh look! Bullet points! With whining!
  • I'm really not very good at posting every day. I think if I do this next year, I'll make up some sort of game with prizes. Like blogging bingo, or something... (I am learning some verrrrry basic game programming - maybe I'll even make it fancy. A lot could happen in a year...)
  • In other news, my ear infection rages on. My doctor called in a prescription for antibiotics, but it's still in the phase where it will get worse before it gets better. I am trying (mostly unsuccessfully) not to whine to much about it; I go through phases where I get ear infections all the time, and I don't want to use up everyone's sympathy on the first one. It is frustrating not to be able to hear out of one ear; it makes me realize how inconsiderate some people are toward people that have hearing difficulties.
  • I am so ready for Thanksgiving break. I really want to take a trip out West - I love the desert and the mountains - but that's not really in the budget right now, and Achilles has a friend coming into town anyway. I am planning to sleep, eat, and drink cocoa.
  • The 70's party was not really as much fun as I had hoped. I liked my outfit OK, but I didn't really feel up to doing wild hair and makeup, so I felt a little out of place. (Not being able to drink - stupid antibiotics - probably didn't help much either.) Also, Achilles was being a little bit of a dunderhead.
I'll stop whining now. Here's the Sunday Bailey:



Despite the creepy white eyes (stupid flash), I love this picture; I took it about 15 minutes after I gave Bailey that toy bumblebee. He looks so pleased with himself. I think he may have been a revolutionary in a past life. (Also, I miss having hardwood floors. Le sigh.)

I hope your weekend has been footloose and ear infection-free.

Love,
Jane

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You have the right to complain if you have an ear infection! My sister has had one for the last few weeks, and it is just awful because she has to remove her hearing aid. They suck royally! Your dog is too cute! So maybe we should make it a dog-blog meetup somehow. That would be good times!

tal said...

...well, this solves the disappearing bumble bee mystery! what a cutie!

Kim said...

I think an ear infection is an automatic stay from having to participate in NaBloPoMo...it's as good as completed with that. Ear infections make it hard to stand up straight, let alone write something. But you have been posting regularly, so even though you think you've failed, you're still on track.

I love your dog!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!!

We gave Lila a monkey yesterday - not even five minutes later and it was in pieces!