Friday, September 5, 2008

Oops...

Dear Internets,

Have you ever gotten one of those phone calls where some really important person at the head office of the place where you work calls you and asks if you knew that you accidentally ran this program that completely shut down the system for two hours, and you're thinking, "Um, yeah, I kind of did know, but I was hoping no one would notice because it's Friday afternoon and I was thinking maybe no one else would be trying to work," but out loud you say, "Oh wow, I'm so sorry, I will fix that and not let it happen again," and you feel really dumb? And then you eat a brownie because you think it might make you feel better, and then it kind of does make you feel better, and you think, "Great, I've become an emotional eater and I don't even know what I am going to do about it, even though it's the kind of thing that Oprah could probably help me with, because Oprah comes on while I'm at work and I don't have DVR or Tivo or anything"?

Um, me either.

On another note, here are some pictures of my Eee PC and my Swingline stapler. I should have included the entire phone in the picture - my laptop is seriously smaller than my telephone! I can't get over it.



The color is kind of funky, but I think the pictures are not terrible for a camera phone (that is three years old and not an iPhone because I am poor. And also, cheap).

I had been saving and watching for deals on the Eee PC for a while, so I was worried that I would be disappointed once I actually got one. However, so far, I am in love. (I got a good deal - $75 off, free shipping, and no sales tax, so that helped.)

Anyway, I am off to attempt not to break anything else in the next two hours. Wish me luck!

Love,
Jane

No comments: