- meet 30 new people I think I'm at about 20
- read 30 (non-self help) books I'm at 10. This needs work.
- watch 30 of the IMDB Top 250 films I haven't even looked at this. Whoops.
get marriedDONE! travel outside the countryDONE! Now I just need to upload the photos...
- run a half marathon I've started training, but this one is pretty iffy at this point.
- launch an Etsy shop I'm still brainstorming.
- try 30 new foods If you count recipes, I'm probably close to done. If you only count ingredients, this one needs some work. I did try gator, though. That should count for at least 20 of the 30, right?
- save $5000 (after IRA and retirement contributions) I'm pretty close, but I don't feel like I can cross this off until my actual birthday in case I get spendy.
- volunteer at least 30 hours of my time I'm at about 2 hours. I really need to focus on this.
- every 3 months, donate 30 items to Goodwill or Salvation Army So far, so good.
- sell 30 items on Craigslist or Ebay I think we've sold about 10-12 items.
take a language classDoes Greek count? I vote yes.
- learn to sew
redo floors in living roomDONE!
- be able to do 30 military style push-ups
take a stand-up or improv class and perform in front of an audienceDONE! I may do this one again.
- try 30 new recipes If you count green smoothie recipes that I made up based on what I had in my refrigerator, I probably already tried 30 recipes. If you don't count those, I'm probably at around 10 or 15
- go on a road trip
- win a contest of some kind
take a dance classDONE!
- go to the dentist (twice) I really need to work on this...
DONE!!! pay off student loans
- learn to make a daisy chain Lyndee (who did our wedding flowers) says she can teach me.
- learn to play 30 songs on the ukulele I'm still hovering at 10 or so.
- learn to drive a stick shift
- attend 30 yoga classes
- complete savings vs. lottery experiment
- make a list of the top 30 things I'm most happy to have already crossed off my bucket list
- skip at least one item on this list I don't think this one will be a problem.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
#23 crossed off the list!
I paid off my student loans today (WHEE!) so I figured it was a good time to do a quick 30 Before 30 update: