Things on my mind:
- I wish I were in the market for a new car. As much as I love Lola, I could get a brand new, Lola 2.0 for $2000 below invoice. But Lola will be paid off in five months, and no car payment trumps new car smell, at least for now.
- My boot camp is kicking my biscuits. I love it, though; I forgot how accomplished I feel after finishing a hard workout an hour before the sun even goes up. I wish I were disciplined enough to do this all the time. Still, my buns are pretty sore...
- Achilles and I are going to Puerto Rico in a month. Did I tell y'all about that? We're pretty excited.
- Do you think people would be so fond of ladybugs if they were called spotted red flying beetles?
- I am loving my second job right now, even though working 200+ hours during the same three weeks of early morning boot camp is a little rough. Someday I'll have one of those "portfolio careers" and be the happiest girl in the world.
- Speaking of careers, one of my friends told me she used me as an example in a paper she was writing for her master's program. What did she use me as an example of, you ask? Women who go to college mostly for the purpose of meeting a husband. I really didn't know how to respond to that. I mean, I hardly think the French and Art History departments are the places one would look first for single, straight men. And, since graduating from college, I've been a bank (credit union) manager and a computer programmer. Those are careers, right? Alas, maybe I protesteth too much...
- Achilles' birthday is tomorrow. I'm making cupcakes tonight (carrot cake and devil's food, with cream cheese icing). There are some surprises involved and he reads this blog, so I'll fill you all in after the weekend.