This is what goes through my head when I get a blog award:
Oh! I got a blog award! Goodiegoodieyay! Wait... really? Wow, really! Yes! Really! Yay! I'm so excited! I wonder who I'll give this to? Holy smokes, there are 75 blogs in my Google Reader... Maybe my friend was right about me spending too much time online... How could I possibly choose? I love that blog, but I gave them an award last time... But maybe that is allowed, like how you could win the Heisman Trophy more than once? Well, I mean, you could win it more than once if you were really good at football at a young age and didn't get injured, I guess... What was I thinking about? Oh yeah, blog awards... All of the bloggers I subscribe to are so intimidating... Maybe they would not even want an award from me. I mean, who wants an award from someone who writes so much about how she loves bananas? Mmm... I like bananas. They're such a portable fruit... I should create a blog award. It could be the "I'm bananas for your blog" blog award... Hmmm... But that doesn't solve the current dilemma: who should I give this award to? I was going to give my next blog award to A Perfectly Cursed Life for sure, but she gave one to me first... I love her blog... She likes chocolate as much as I do. Mmmm... Chocolate... I wonder if I should take my friends hot cocoa while they're waiting in line for the movie tonight? That would be a nice surprise, but it would probably make everyone else in line kind of jealous. Also, it would be cold if they spilled it on themselves. Actually, I guess it would be hot first. Speaking of spills, I can't believe I spilled soda all over myself AGAIN today, especially not after I went home and changed my shirt after the first time. I really am a lot like Pig-Pen... My desk is a mess... So is my blogroll... Argh...
Sorry about that frightening glimpse into my psyche, Internets. If you skipped ahead, the point is, basically:
- YAY! A PERFECTLY CURSED LIFE GAVE ME A BLOG AWARD!
- I LOVE BANANAS!
- I'm sort of a clumsy slob.
Here are the rules:
1. Each recipient who receives a TYFBA must give away at least four TYFBAs
2. Each recipient must describe, in at least three words why they are giving that person the award.
3. Each recipient must gobble. Just kidding…I just wanted three rules.
Isn't it great? I am passing this one along to:
- Diary of Why. Rachel is way cooler than me so it makes me super-nervous to give her a blog award, but she deserves it. Her blog was a big part of what made me decide to start blogging again; I was leaving so many comments that I was beginning to feel like sort of a creepy, identity-less stalker.
- Dan Does Blog. I love Dan. He is a real-life friend and a great guy. He is even nice to me even though he is a lot cooler than me. You should go to his blog and answer this question.
- The State That I Am In. Georgia is probably not the type to do blog awards. I'm nervous to give her one anyway, because she's going to be a famous writer someday, I think, and my little blog award will look silly next to her Pulitzer. But I am absolutely enamored with her writing, and get a warm and fuzzy feeling when she hints about her budding romance.*
- Sleepy Jane. I love her Top Ten Tuesdays. And her blog is hilarious - you should check out the story about the wiener fire that occurred at her house recently (and no, I'm not talking about her dachshunds).
- Gorgeous footsteps in the sand. Katelin deserves an award based solely on the awesomeness of her hair (as a fellow curly girl, I don't know whether to be jealous or impressed). But her blog is as awesome as her curls - it always leaves me with a smile on my face.
*I can't believe I just used the phrase "budding romance." Hee...