Friday, October 10, 2008

Things to love

Dear Internets,

Lately I've been reading a lot of blog posts about stuff people love. These posts make me so happy that I thought I'd list a few things I'm loving right now myself.

- The little gym underneath my building at work.
I love being able to work out at lunch. I love that the dressing room has little changing stalls and free lockers. I love that I have an excuse to take lunch away from my desk.

- The cooler weather.
I love that I can walk to the mailbox without breaking a sweat. I love that when I get into my car after it has been sitting in the sun, I'm not in danger of getting a third degree burn if my arm accidentally bumps against the metal part of the seatbelt. I love that Bailey is no longer shedding buckets of fur around my condo. (He's still shedding cups of fur. But improvement = improvement.)

- Settling into a schedule.
I love that I have finally begun to settle into a schedule that leaves me enough time to think. It's amazing what a little structure can do for your sanity (especially for the easily-distracted).

- Finally solving the freaking Rubik's cube my parents sent me home with a couple of weeks ago.
That thing had been driving me crazy!

- Having my second bedroom set up as an office.
If I had known how happy it would make me just to look at my office area, with its kindergarten-style cubbies for art supplies and paperwork and other random stuff, I would have set things up this way a long time ago.

- This video by Sarah Silverman.
She makes me laugh in that "I am slightly uncomfortable that I find someone's jokes about poop so funny" way. I realize that her humor isn't for everyone, but she can definitely me giggle like a 12-year-old boy. (Warning: language, politics, references to poop)

- The Internets.
I love that I have so much in common with the people whose blogs I read. I love that people are getting to move to the cities they love. I love that bloggers are finding ways to feel better. I love that the Internets sometimes sends me presents. I especially love that the talking cupcake still has time to blog even though school has started.

- Fixing my computer.
I love that I was able to fix my computer at home and my browser at work all by myself. I am not a computer genius, but I sure felt like one for five minutes. (To celebrate I almost put on the "I am Woman" record I rescued from my mom's Goodwill donation pile last weekend, but I decided to spare A that one.)

- Bananas.
But you knew that.

I hope you are finding many things to love yourself, Internets. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Jane

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I have been in a very "I hate I hate I hate" mood today - thank you for softening my edges a bit.
Have a good weekend!

Elizabeth said...

I love this post! I might do the same tonight, if you don't mind!

Jane said...

Hillary - Thanks so much! I hope you have a good weekend too.

Elizabeth - I absolutely don't mind.

tal said...

what a perfect post, with so many perfect things!! its like candy corn for the soul without the horrible sugar crash minutes later!