Monday, April 5, 2010

More craftiness

My very dear friend Lyndee did an absolutely amazing job helping with Achilles' and my wedding. I knew I wanted to do something special to thank her. This is what I came up with:


1/2 egg carton, tissue paper, butterfly sticker, bluebirds of happiness (Lyndee had mentioned that she really wished she had a couple of those birds on a shelf at her house), ribbon

Lyndee opened the carton to reveal this:


cascarones with puns. Originally, I was going to dye the eggs, but I decided that I liked the natural shades. I glued little messages to the front: "You're egg-ceptional!" "You're the coolest chick we know!" "You crack us up!" "You ova-did yourself!" "Standing ova-tion!" and "Sunny side up!"


Four of the eggs had Reeces pieces inside. The other two had awesome jewelry from Etsy:


Peony ring from The Family Jewels




Carved blue birdy necklace from FreshlyFig

I was inspired by Not Martha's Easter Surprise Eggs, and used her instructions for sterilizing the eggs. Lyndee herself inspired the jewelry - she surprised me with peonies at the wedding, she was the one who encouraged me to make the little bird cake toppers, and she was the person who made the little bird fingerprint tree.

Lyndee was pleased with her thank you gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's such a great gift. Really thoughtful of you Jane! Not many people do this much effort anymore, it's actually quite sad.