I suppose it's still a bit early for a "year in review" post, but I saw this on Harrassed Single Mom's site and liked it. I decided to take out some of the questions in case the Internets' attention span is as short as mine.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I completed my first Danskin triathlon. I had done other triathlons, but this was my first (and probably last) Danskin.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't really remember my New Year's resolutions, but I think I resolved to get into better shape. I got into better shape... and slowly, slowly declined almost back to square one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but my sister got pregnant.
4. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I feel truly fortunate - I don't feel that I lacked anything important in 2008. I wouldn't complain if someone gave me a Sleeptracker, though.
5. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 30th - Ran the entire Capitol 10K - with the stomach flu.
June 2nd - I started a new job.
June 8th - Completed the Danskin.
June 13th - Achilles got laid off.
June 28th - my triathlon coach was killed in an accident.
(June was a stressful month.)
September 14th - Achilles moved in.
November 4th - One word: Obama.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Sticking with this blogging thing. Paying off one of my student loans. Making the two job thing work.
7. What was your biggest failure in 2008?
Probably dropping out of my half marathon training program.
8. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage payments. Woo! Exciting.
9. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Happier.
b) Thinner or fatter? About the same.
c) Richer or poorer? Richer, I suppose, but this time last year I had just bought my condo, so it's not really a good comparison.
10. What do you wish you’d done more of?
11. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Work. Worry. Feel sad.
12. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I was already in love, and still am. (Don't vomit, Internets.)
13. What was your favorite TV program?
Ugly Betty, Pushing Daisies, The Office.
14. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. Wow! Good for me!
15. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I kept it low key, and just went to dinner with close friends. I was/am 28.
16. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lotto? I can't really think of much. I had ups and downs, but overall, I feel very lucky and fulfilled.
17. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Lazy business professional.
18. What kept you sane?
At different times - Achilles, my friends, my family, running, the Internets.
19. What political issue stirred you the most?
The 2008 U.S. Presidential election.
20. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a ton of wonderful new people through training, my new job, blogging, Achilles, and just in general. I feel very fortunate to have so many great people in my life.
I feel especially lucky to have met my triathlon coach, Michael. He was an extraordinary kind and giving person.
21. Tell us what valuable life lessons you learned in 2008.
Life is short. Don't wait to start living.
I may still do a "best blog posts of '08" post, if I have the energy. I hope you have a wonderful day, Internets!