Friday, July 25, 2008

Sometimes you feel like a nut

Dear Internets,

I just finished a breakfast of peanut butter crackers and a mini Almond Joy bar. (Note to self: consider possibility that poor eating habits could have something to do with the lack of energy and motivation you've been complaining about lately...)(Response to self: quit nagging and pass me a diet soda.)

The day has barely started, but I can't wait for it to be over so that I can go back to bed. I am working all weekend, so I don't know why I'm so glad that it's Friday. The bad thing about working on weekends is that it has fueled my tendency to procrastinate. Monday through Friday, I'll look at my to-do list and think, "Oh, most of those things take too long. I'll wait until the weekend to tackle them, when I'm not so tired." Then the weekend comes along, I end up working more hours than I do during the week, and I put things off until the next week. It's a vicious cycle. (Note to self: consider possibility that working too many hours could have something to do with the aforementioned energy and motivation issues.)(Response to self: wouldn't Jane and the Vicious Cycles be a great band name?)

I don't think I'll have time to do much this weekend, but I do the afternoon off tomorrow, so I think I'm going to take Bailey out to the lake. He hasn't really been out to the lake since he was a puppy, so I'm curious to see what he thinks about it.

Anyhoo, it should be interesting. I hope your weekend is delightful Internets.

Love,
Jane

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

mini Almond Joy bars (5) made up my dinner last night! :)

Louise said...

We don't have Almond Joy bars up in Canada. I suspect I am missing out on something great.