Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's not Enabling, it's Helping

Dear Closet,

As you know, I've been doing a lot of work to clean you out and pare you down to the bare essentials. Race t-shirt from 2003? Out! Skirt that, while cute, only matches that one shirt that never really fit me that well in the first place? Both gone! Non-moisture-wicking athletic socks? They get the boot!*

You may also know from speaking with my debit card that I've been trying to cut back on my spending so that I can afford things like annoying special condo fees. I've been doing pretty well.

However... You know how sometimes you may not need new clothes, but you kind of need new clothes? I think this is one of those times. I bought a couple of surprisingly cute dresses that were on super-sale at Target (I guess they are not being sold online, so unfortunately I can't link to pictures - but they are really cute), and my appetite has been whetted. The dresses themselves will probably require me to buy a new slip, and it's probably time to buy some cute, work-appropriate shoes for summer too. So a little extra shopping while I'm at it wouldn't be too terribly bad, right?

Don't worry Closet. You're not enabling me. You're just giving me the space I need to grow**.

XOXO,
Jane

*Hardy har...
**Ok, no more puns, I promise.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I need to clean out my closet too...but I don't like how I look in clothing right now, so it makes it very easy to avoid spending sprees.