However, I'm trying to stay positive, because today is Leap Day. When you have a whole extra day in a year, you should not spend it being sad. So here are five things I'm grateful for today:
1. Even though I would have liked to have a bambino (here, or on the way) by now, it's nice to be able to maintain a laser-like focus on Getting This Condo Situation Taken Care Of ASAP. And it wouldn't be as crowded if (ugh, worst-case scenario) we end up moving back into the condo.
1b. This also meant that last night (when everything fell apart) I was able to enjoy a glass of wine. (OK, two glasses...)
2. My sister/Realtor is awesome and being super helpful.
3. Bailey is unaffected by this. And adorable.
4. Rather than dreaming about new houses, I can go back to my (even more enjoyable) fantasies about quitting my job.
5. We will probably have our tax refund back in time to use it to pay any additional condo-related expenses that come up.
Everything will work out eventually. And even though I'm not sure that this quote really applies to our situation, it still makes me feel better:
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank among those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat"