Monday, July 26, 2010

Miscellany

Random bullet points from the past week that likely won't make it into their own blog posts:

  • Achilles cut his thumb on the mandoline. I didn't say I told you so, but I did suggest that we start referring to it as the cornballer.
  • I may (or may not) have found a job. It was supposed to be a sure thing, but I was supposed to hear something about this so-called "sure thing" today. So who knows.
  • I have seven half-written blog posts that I can't muster the energy to finish. It is amazing how quickly I become apathetic when I spend most of my time with my Netflix queue.

I've been enjoying my time between jobs, but I'm beginning to realize that I really need a little more structure (or structured procrastination) in my days if I'm going to stay productive, at least when it comes to blogging.

5 comments:

bcsmithereens said...

So now you & Achilles are twins. Hope he's doing okay, those things sting like crazy!

About the job, wait patiently for the right one... it'll happen.

Can't wait to see the final results of all your blogging!

Waiting impatiently for more.

Elizabeth said...

Ouch about the mandoline! Hah-we bought one because it *seemed* safer. I guess it's not!

Kim said...

Hopefully that job comes through!

Rachel said...

I hope the job comes through. Job hunting in the worst, and waiting for something to become a "sure thing" is torture.

Girl in Carolina said...

I do that with blog posts too! lol They start out as something really good and then I drift off (ADD much?) into something else and they get lost in space.

Thanks for your tip about the Shred! I am definitely going to try that.