This is the current status of various aspects of my life:
- Job situation - If you are annoying even yourself with your self-absorption, chances are, you're probably beginning to alienate some of your readers. At any rate, I don't want to turn this into an unemployment blog, so after this update, I'm going to put a lid on this subject for a while. Since my last post, I took a test to see if I qualify for a teaching program, interviewed for a job, and signed up for a mandatory "transitions workshop" for the group of people who were laid off by my employer. The test went pretty well (I think). I thought the interview went badly. It reminded me of getting dressed up for a date with a guy that you're not that interested in, and then getting rejected because the guy is still hung up on his ex-girlfriend. (Oddly, that made me more interested in the job than I initially thought I was. Old habits?) I am sure the transitions workshop will be magical.
- Achilles - He is still nice. I don't know why he puts up with me. Perhaps it is because I don't complain when he heads to the video store to pick up a movie we both agreed on and instead returns with something he thinks we might like better. (I sent him this article and went upstairs to reread my Anastasia books.)
- Stand up - I'm performing again on July 11th. Email me if you'll be in the Austin area and would like tickets.
- Hurricane Alex - I am normally not a fan of hurricanes, but I am enjoying the rain and cooler weather Alex has brought to Austin. I hope this doesn't cause too much trouble in the Gulf, though. (Side note - how is it possible that we've never had a hurricane Alex before? Isn't Alex a really common name?)
- Birthdays - My niece and my sister's birthday was yesterday. In some ways, I can't believe little Ellie is already a year old. In others, I can't believe how much has happened in the past year. My nephew's fourth birthday is in two weeks. I definitely can't believe how much has happened in the past four years.
So weird--I JUST watched Youth in Revolt last night. Verdict--another one of those where the previews are funnier than the actual movie. Ah well. I will still watch a Michael Cera movie any day of the week.
I haven't posted in forever either--I think there's only so much people want to read about moving, hah.
Anyway! I am in Texas now for the long haul, so...
Rest assured that no matter how much you complain about job search, etc, I have already complained about 100x as much. Which is probably why I have no readers. So I will always read your woes :)
I second Rachel. I'll always be there...friend to the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeend. (Imagine me singing that. Haha)
I'd love to come to the stand up show, but you know, with me being a whole continent away issue it would be hard. :( One day I tell you, one day!!
I am actually very happy to hear that you are doing another stand up show. Your first show was great!!! I wish I was in Austin, I would totally go.
I wish I wish I wish I lived near you so I could see you perform!
Post a Comment