I have recently decided the following:
- White chocolate ganache is not as delicious as it sounds
- I am much better at baking and decorating cupcakes than full-sized cakes
- This might have something to do with me being better with details than big-picture stuff
- It probably doesn't
- Four weeks (29 days) without a day off work doesn't do wonders for my mental health
- I need to get my rear back to the gym
- High school reunions stress me the eff out
- I'm kind of glad no one I know actually got invited to my high school reunion. This meant no one could tell me where it was, so I didn't feel guilty about not going
- It is nice to mend fences (figuratively, anyway)
- I think my liking a television show is an indication it will be canceled before its time (Veronica Mars, Arrested Development, Pushing Daisies, Undeclared, etc, etc.)
- Unfortunately, there probably aren't any studio executives out there willing to pay me to watch television pilots to determine which ones are destined to be brilliant but canceled
- My luck is so bad that it's actually mathematically improbable that it could get any worse
- By luck, I mean my ability to win big prizes in drawings and things. Seriously, I have lost many drawings where I represented 2 out of 3 of the entries
- I know the mathematical improbability of my bad luck because I have tracked it on a spreadsheet
- I am a nerd
P.S. I made some fondant this weekend. It turned out well, and doesn't even taste nasty. However, the cake I baked turned out funky, so unless I put the fondant on the cupcakes I made for my nephew, I don't know what I can do with it. I hear fondant keeps well in the fridge, though.
P.P.S. The idea of putting fondant on a cupcake just seems sort of wrong to me. It makes me think of these two little girls I saw this weekend selling lemonade from a fancy (clearly store-bought) lemonade stand.
P.P.P.S. I mean, really. A store-bought lemonade stand just seems like an affront to childhood and introductory economic theory. I mean, how many glasses of lemonade will those little girls have to sell at $0.15 each before they recoup their start-up costs? It does seem like a great way to introduce the girls to the joys of multi-level marketing schemes, however... Hmmm....