Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Guess who's back?

Dear Internets,

We're back from Puerto Rico! The trip was lovely, although Achilles was sick for most of it. He didn't have swine flu, though, so I still think the trip was a win.

Since photo posts tend to make my attention span go out the window, I figured I'd limit this post to a few of my more interesting pictures. Sadly for you, I chose not to take pictures of the Sea School: Law School of the Sea or the cockfighting arena by our hotel.


Flaminco Beach, on Culebra. Our favorite beach. The water was lovely, and the sand was soft and white. I kept thinking to myself, "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives..." I don't know if the beach was empty because it wasn't the weekend, but there were only a few other people there.


El Morro (I think).


Sunset at the beach by our hotel (in Isla Verde).


Coconuts: the other other white meat.
Jane: the other other other white meat.



An iguana in the parking lot of the Bacardi factory. When you hear bushes rustling in Texas, it's probably a squirrel. In Puerto Rico, it's probably some kind of reptile. This takes some getting used to.


I think this picture sums up the trip really well. Poor Achilles.

I don't really want to connect my full name to this blog, but if you promise you are not a scary person, I'll send you a link to the full Facebook album of our trip. Just send me an email or leave a comment.

Love,
Jane

P.S. If you ever have a chance to visit Puerto Rico, do it. It is inexpensive and awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane: the other HOT meat.

BTW... not only is Puerto Rico inexpensive... you also don't need a passport.

tal said...

i always noticed the lizard thing in florida and it freaked me out! what great pics!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome baaaaaack! :) Love the pics!

Elizabeth said...

I've always wanted to go--one day! Welcome back!