Friday, September 12, 2008

I guess this is growing up

Dear Couch,

You (along with Chair) were the first nice, non-used, non-hand-me-down, non-Ikea furniture I ever bought for myself. I think fondly of the person I was when I bought you - a single girl just out of college, so proud of her freshly scotchgarded sofa. You saw me through the beginnings and ends of relationships, late nights when I was a little too tipsy to make it all the way to bed, and the last season of Veronica Mars.

I just sold you on Craigslist. It's time to merge furniture; you did not make the cut.

Am I ready to say goodbye to the girl I was when I bought you? I dunno. But I am ready to find out.

Love always,
Jane

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this when I get rid of things!

BTW...You've been tagged by me...it's a privilege. You can thank me later. :)
http://perfectlycursedlife.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/ive-been-tagged/

tal said...

but the whole merging furniture thing evens it out :) yay!