Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hair Today, Goon Tomorrow

Dear Hairstylists of the World,

Why do you compliment my thick hair in one breath, and then come at me with thinning shears in the next? Especially after I've insisted that I like my cut and the relative lengths of all of the layers, and really (no, REALLY) just want you to trim up the ends?

Thinning shears terrify me. They remind me of the Achy Breaky Mistakey incident. Also, I think all the different lengths of individual hairs result in more frizz when I wear my hair curly.

Thankfully, I'm fairly certain that the stylist who cut my hair yesterday did not work herself into a mullet-inducing frenzy with the thinning shears. She straightened my hair, though, so I'll have to see what happens when I let it dry curly.

Yours (with some trepidation),
Jane

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I'm dreading finding a new place to get my hair cut after the move...I haven't had a mullet since I was a kid, but I've had some pretty awful hair mistakes.